Wednesday, September 25, 2013

At Work Survival Kit!

Hey guys!

I thought I'd share something kind of different with you all today.  Every morning when I get to work one of the first things I do before locking my purse up in my drawer is take out a few of my makeup products that I know I'll be grabbing for throughout the day for touch-ups.  Now, for those of you that don't know I'm a little bit makeup obsessed so what I'm about to show you is NOT the only makeup I take to work with me.  These are just the things that I keep out and reach for the most throughout the day.  At any given time I usually have a minimum of 5 lip products in my purse plus several others scattered in my drawer at work.  These are just my MUST HAVE products.  Hope you enjoy :)



Ok, so my survival kit consists of four products:
  • NYX Matte Blotting Paper
  • NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation - Ivory
  • RAW Color - Retractable Brush
  • Lip Product (this changes almost everyday but today I'm using one of my favorites - Revlon Lip Butter in the color Berry Smoothie)
We've all seen blotting paper before so I'm not going to post an individual picture of it b/c that'd be kinda boring.  I have kind of mixed feelings about these blotting papers,  they definitely get the job done but I'm not sure that I would repurchase them.  I think when I run out I'll run back to the Clean and Clear ones, but blotting papers will always be a part of my survival kit.  


The NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation is one of my favorite products to keep on hand for touch-ups.  Usually in the mornings after first applying my foundation I set it with the Rimmel Stay Matte translucent powder but this one is great for later on in the day when you don't only want to get rid of the shininess but you want to add some coverage as well. 

This powder comes with a sponge applicator as well but I prefer to apply it with a brush.

The brush I keep on hand is the Raw Color - Retractable Brush.  I got this brush as well as a couple other Raw Color brushes from sirclesamples.com.  This isn't my favorite brush in the world but its a great brush to throw in your purse and take with you. 



Lastly, I always have some type of lip color on hand.  The one I have with me changes pretty frequently but one of my absolute favorites is the Revlon Lip Butter in the color Berry Smoothie.  It's just a great color for everyday wear.  This is my second one of these.. I tried to not repurchase it for a while b/c I have a bazillion lipsticks but I just couldn't live without it. 

Well I hope you enjoyed my at work survival kit!  If you also have some products you take with you to work or school on a daily basis I'd love to hear about it in the comments!  Stay tuned because I have a few more blogs planned for the future such as an ELF haul, empties review and I think I'm also going to do a September favorites blog! 

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment